Strategic plan 2020 - 2024
Every four years we put together a strategic plan. Our current strategic plan describes the high level outcomes we want to achieve for our community from 2020 to 2024.
Our plan helps us to focus on what is important locally and to direct our resources and budget where they will have the most benefit.
Our strategic plan sets out that we will work collaboratively to:
Enable people to
- help themselves and others
- collaborate and engage with us
- live healthy and active lives
Shape place to
- keep it clean, green and safe
- preserve the characteristics
- make sure sustainability and infrastructure needs are balanced
Develop prosperity to
- encourage economic growth
- enhance the district for all
- invest in the future
Be a good council that is
- financially sound
- transparent and accountable
- responsive and customer focussed
These outcomes have been developed through extensive consultation with staff, members, residents and stakeholders over a 16-month period.
Our strategic plan is underpinned by our delivery plan, which sets out in detail the projects and services we will deliver to achieve our strategic ambitions. This is updated every six months and will be refreshed in May 2020.
We publish this alongside our medium-term financial strategy, which sets out how we will spend money to deliver our strategic ambitions. We also have a range of supporting strategies that focus on key issues, such as economic development, tourism and wellbeing.
Plans for Lichfield District
- Strategic plan 2020 - 2024
- Local plan strategy 2008 - 2029 and associated documents
- Delivery plan 2019
- Corporate indicators
- Efficiency plan 2016 - 2020
- Health and wellbeing strategy 2018 - 2020
- Homelessness strategy
- Housing strategy (currently under review)
- Physical activity and sports strategy 2016 - 2020
- Lichfield city centre development strategy 2015 - 2020
- Economic development strategy 2016 - 2020
- Community safety delivery plan 2019- 2022