Lichfield District 2050 draft strategy
Our current strategic plan 2020 - 2024
Every four years we put together a strategic plan. Our current strategic plan describes the high level outcomes we want to achieve for our community from 2020 to 2024.
Our plan helps us to focus on what is important locally and to direct our resources and budget where they will have the most benefit.
Our strategic plan sets out that we will work collaboratively to:
Enable people to
- help themselves and others
- collaborate and engage with us
- live healthy and active lives
Shape place to
- keep it clean, green and safe
- preserve the characteristics
- make sure sustainability and infrastructure needs are balanced
Develop prosperity to
- encourage economic growth
- enhance the district for all
- invest in the future
Be a good council that is
- financially sound
- transparent and accountable
- responsive and customer focussed
These outcomes were developed through extensive consultation with staff, members, residents and stakeholders over a 16-month period.
We publish this alongside our medium-term financial strategy, which sets out how we will spend money to deliver our strategic ambitions.
We also have a range of supporting strategies that focus on key issues, such as economic development, tourism and wellbeing - find out more.