Can I appeal against refusal/conditions
AN HMO licence will be granted if:
- All people with an interest do not object to the licence (i.e. owner, mortgage company, etc).
- The house is or can be made suitable for multiple occupation.
- The applicant is a fit and proper person (i.e. no relevant convictions) and the most appropriate person to hold the licence and he/she lives in the UK.
- The proposed manager has control of the house, and is a fit and proper person to be the manager and lives in the UK.
- The management arrangements are satisfactory.
Conditions can be attached to a licence and the property will be inspected by the council during the licence period.
During the licensing process, you can contact us regarding any changes you feel should be made to your licence. We will then consider and produce what we believe to be the final licence document.
One we have issued your licence you have up to 28-day period to appeal to the first-tier tribunal (property chamber) regarding conditions attached to a licence or any decision to vary or revoke the licence.