Planning Policy Privacy Notice
The controller of your personal data is Lichfield District Council at:District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY
Telephone number 01543 308000
Data Protection Officer
Our Data Protection Officer is Lorraine Fowkes who can be contacted by email at [email protected].
Purpose of processing
As an organisation the council is required to prepare development plans (local plan or neighbourhood plan) and we process (collect retain and use) your personal data to enable us to perform those statutory functions. This includes registering you as a consultee so that the council can receive and consider your views on our local plan consultations. We also process your information to enable us to let you know about any future consultations.
Our legal basis for processing your personal data will be either that it is necessary to do so to perform a task carried out in the public interest or it is the exercise of official authority by us.
Sharing your data
We will share your information with officers within the local plans team, members of the public and certain other organisations such as statutory and non-statutory consultees and the Planning Inspectorate to the extent required by law or to the extent necessary to allow the council to perform its function. We will make every effort to blank out personal information such as signatures, email addresses and telephone numbers on documents submitted to the spatial policy and delivery teams before your information is displayed on the council’s website, but may publish names and addresses.
We will store your information for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it is held.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives rights to you about your personal data:
- Access - you have a right to know if we are processing your data. We will tell you either way. If we are processing your data you have further rights such as to be provided with a copy of it.
- Rectification – if we are holding inaccurate information you can ask us to correct it.
- Erasure- in certain circumstances you can ask us to destroy or delete your information
- Restriction – in certain circumstances you can ask us to put a hold on the processing of your information
- Objection – again you can ask us to stop processing your personal data.
We encourage those wishing to make representations and be kept informed of future consultations to use the online facilities available.
Please speak to a member of the local plans team or our Data Protection Officer in the first instance. If you still have concerns please contact the Information Commissioner.