Longdon neighbourhood plan
The Longdon neighbourhood plan was made on 9 October 2018. The neighbourhood plan now forms part of the development plan within the district.
The Longdon neighbourhood plan is supplemented by a number of supporting documents:
- Longdon basic conditions statement
- Longdon neighbourhood plan consultation statement
- Longdon neighbourhood plan strategic environmental assessment and habitat regulations assessment screening report
- Longdon neighbourhood plan neighbourhood area map
- Longdon neighbourhood plan designation application
The Longdon neighbourhood plan was adopted following a successful referendum, on 9 October 2018 our cabinet agreed to make the Longdon neighbourhood plan, which now forms a part of the development plan for Lichfield District. As required by the neighbourhood planning regulations, a decision statement on the 'making' of the plan has been published.
The referendum for the Longdon neighbourhood plan took place on 5 September 2018 and local residents voted in favour of the neighbourhood plan:
- 66% voted in favour
- 33% voted against
- 18.5% turnout
The neighbourhood plan was independently examined in 2018 and the examiner recommended that subject to some modifications the plan should proceed to referendum. We agreed with the examiner’s report and voted to progress the plan to referendum at the cabinet meeting on 5 December 2017. The neighbourhood plan and other background documents are available via the links below: