Apply to host an outdoor event in the district
Minimum requirements for outdoor events
To host an outdoor event in the district, you must ensure the following is in place:
- you must have public liability insurance of at least £5 million per claim to cover the event.
- depending on the size and scale of your event, you may need to provide a draft event management plan to us at least six months before the first day of the event - read our event guidance online handbook to find out more. We will advise you of your deadlines once you submit your expression of interest.
- you must submit the final event management plan to us at least one month before the event. This includes:
- risk assessments
- insurance details
- traffic management
- stewarding provisions
- emergency procedures
- fire safety
- additional street cleansing
- plan and stall layout, etc.
- you must attend safety advisory group meetings where applicable (these are established for larger events) and take responsibility for agreed actions where necessary.