Special event status
We currently subsidise street trading consent fees for a number of special events that deliver significant economic benefit to the district.
To qualify, the events/event organisers must meet the following criteria:
- must have a minimum of ten stalls and have the potential to deliver significant economic benefit to the district.
The event organiser
- must be able to demonstrate how the event will deliver economic benefits to the district.
- must have public liability insurance of at least £5 million per claim to cover the event.
- must provide a draft event management plan at least 6 months before the first day of the event - read our event guidance online handbook to find out more.
- must submit their completed event management plan to us at least one month before the event. This includes:
- risk assessments
- insurance details
- traffic management
- stewarding provisions
- emergency procedures
- fire safety
- additional street cleansing
- plan and stall layout, etc.
- must agree that they will promote the event and outline/agree the marketing they will deliver up front.
- must provide a copy of the previous years’ accounts (where applicable).
- must attend safety advisory group meetings (these are established for larger events, where applicable) and take responsibility for agreed actions where necessary.