Apply for tree works

Before carrying out works to any trees, we recommend that you check whether your tree is protected by a tree preservation order, or if it's in a conservation area.

If the tree you want to work on is protected or in a conservation area, you will need to apply to us before being able to work on the tree.

We recommend that you use a qualified tree surgeon for any tree works. A tree surgeon can also help you fill out the application form for work on a protected tree.

Guidance for developers

We have produced a supplementary planning document called trees landscaping and development which provides helpful guidance to developers, applicants and other parties involved in the development process.