Gambling, machines and lottery permits
Small society lotteries
If you want to run a small society lottery, and your principal office is based in Lichfield District, you do not need a licence, but you do need to be registered with us.
What is a small society lottery?
Small society lotteries are promoted for the benefit of a non-commercial society.
A society is non-commercial if it is established and conducted:
- for charitable purposes
- for the purpose of enabling participation in, or of supporting, sport, athletics or a cultural activity
- for any other non-commercial purpose other than that of private gain.
A small society lottery:
- does not have proceeds that exceed £20,000 for a single draw
- does not have aggregated proceeds from lotteries in excess of £250,000 in any one year.
If you want to urn a small society lottery, please contact our licensing team to find out how to register:Call us on 01543 308073 or 01543 308066 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotteries that exceed the small society lottery limit
If you wish to run a lottery that exceeds the small society lottery limit, or in the course of running a small society lottery, your:
- proceeds exceed £20,000 for a single draw
- aggregated proceeds from lotteries exceed £250,000 in any one year.
Small society lotteries - changes to draw dates
If you are a registered small society lottery and need to change the date of your draw, you must contact us to check whether there are specific terms and conditions you must adhere to.
If you put back the date of the draw, it will need to take place as soon as practically possible.
You must also make every attempt to notify those who have purchased tickets in the lottery/raffle of the change to the draw date. This can be done through a number of channels including email, a telephone/text message, website, newsletter and local newspaper.
If you have any questions, please contact our licensing team:Call us on 01543 308073 or 01543 308066 or email email@example.com