Premises licences

Vary a premises licence

If you want to make changes to your premises licence, you will need to apply to vary your licence.

Possible changes could include changing opening/serving hours, adding new licensable activities, amending, adding or removing conditions within a licence, or altering any aspect of the layout of the premises which is shown on the plan.

If the designated premises supervisor leaves your premises, or no longer wants to be named as DPS, then you must apply to vary the DPS immediately.

Any substantial alterations to the layout or any changes which relate to the sale of alcohol will require you to submit a full application to vary a premises licence.

However, for some/minor changes, you may be able to submit a minor variation application - contact our licensing team to check first.

You can submit your application and pay online through the government website - double check the fee you will need to pay and have your debit or credit card handy. You will also need to submit:

  • Your current premises licence
  • A plan of the premises (if the variation includes changes to the internal layout of the premises)

Submit a minor variation application

Submit a full variation application

Download our privacy statement