Discretionary housing payments
How to apply
If you only want to apply for help with a rent deposit or rent in advance payment - download the rent deposit/advance application form.
If you want to apply in any other circumstance, please download and complete an discretionary housing payment application form.
Please email your completed from to [email protected]
- Please give as much information as you can when filling in your form and provide evidence where necessary.
- If you are in receipt of universal credit, you will need to provide a recent rent statement showing your current rent, a copy of the universal credit award letter showing the breakdown of your allowances, including the housing element, and a bank statement to show your account details for making any payment that may be awarded.
- Your request will be considered by a benefits team manager and he/she will write to you as soon as they have made a decision.
- If your application is successful, your discretionary payment will be included with your normal payment for housing benefit.
- The amount you receive and the length of time we will pay you a discretionary payments is subject to the council's own discretion.
If you would like more information or would like us to send you a claim form, call the benefits team on 01543 308900.
If your circumstances change during the application process, you must tell us straight away.