Chief executive and leadership team
Head of governance and performance (monitoring officer)
We are required under the Local Government & Housing Act 1989 and the Local Government Act 2000 to have a monitoring officer.
The monitoring officer's role is to report on matters that may be illegal or maladministration, to be responsible for matters relating to the conduct of councillors and officers, and to be responsible for the operation of the council’s constitution.
As well as monitoring officer, our head of corporate services oversees services including data protection and FOIs, health and safety, and complaints.
- Members’ services, including governance and advice
- Electoral services
- Civic Office
- Surveillance regulations (RIPA)
- Legal services, including probity and standards
- Monitoring officer role
- Data protection and FOI. Health and safety
- Insurance and risk mgt. HR services, OD & Equalities
- Employee Liaison Group
- Corporate strategic planning
- Performance management
- Complaints and compliments
- MP enquiries.Ombudsman investigations