Data protection policy
We are committed to complying with both the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and the Data Protection Act 2018.
As a council we recognise that the correct and lawful treatment of people’s personal data will maintain their confidence in us and will provide for successful business operations.
If you have any questions regarding the handling of your data, please email our data protection officer in the first instance, or if you have concerns about the way we have processed your personal data, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) .
Our data protection officer's role is to:
- Inform and advise us of our legal obligations under all data protection laws.
- Monitor our compliance with GDPR and other data protection laws and our compliance with our internal policies and procedures and to assign responsibilities, awareness-raising and training of staff involved in processing operations, and related audits.
- Provide advice where requested about any data protection impact assessment and monitor its performance.
- Cooperate with the Information Commissioner.
- Act as the contact point for the Information Commissioner on issues relating to the processing of personal data, including privacy impact consultations and where appropriate, abd any other matter.
Find out more about our approach to data protection in this section.