Private rented housing

Help with a rent deposit to a private landlord

We work with Fusion Credit Union who offer low costs loans which can be used to prevent homelessness in some instances.

If you are threatened with homelessness and have found alternative accommodation, but require help with a deposit and/or rent in advance, contact our housing options team at

Alternatively, if you are in receipt of housing benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit, you may be entitled to a discretionary housing payment which can be used to help with rent deposits for people living in private rented accommodation.

Please note, we cannot provide discretionary housing payments for rent deposits if you are moving into an housing association home, most of whom have a form of easy payment scheme.