Land charge searches and fees
Environmental information (personal searches)
You can also request access to environmental information held by us, as required by the environmental information regulations.
- Our environmental information procedure sets out what we can provide, in accordance with the current environmental information regulations.
- Under the terms of the Public Sector Mapping Agreement (PSMA), we are unable to accept plans or maps which are not licensed for use by your business.
- This includes maps or plans that have been copied from other maps, such as a Land Registry Title Plan or a map which has a watermark.
- Any search requests that we receive that includes a plan or map which we consider to be unlicensed will be returned to you and should be resubmitted with a properly sourced plan or map.
- If we continue to receive unlicensed plans from you, we may refer the matter to Ordnance Survey, who may levy a fine.
- For more information about using Ordnance Survey (OS) information and licensing, please visit the OS website.
When making a search request using the Environment Information Regulations for non-public register data, the following standard requests will attract the following charges:
- 1.1 Which of the following relating to the property have been granted, issued or refused or (where applicable) are the subject of pending applications?
(j) building regulations approval
(k) a building regulation completion certificate
(l) any building regulations certificate or notice issued in respect of work carried out under a competent person self-certification scheme
The above is £8.00
- 3.7(a) Do any statutory notices which relate to the following matters subsist in relation to the property other than those revealed in a response to any other enquiry in this form? (a) building works
The above is £1.50
- 3.8 Has a local authority authorised in relation to the property any proceedings for the contravention of any provision contained in building regulations?
The above is £1.50
For supplying Building Regulation environmental information other than that listed above, £22/hr, or part thereof.
Please note, no charge is made for data held on a public register.