Planning enforcement

Report a breach

If you suspect a breach of planning control:

Report a breach of planning control

Alternatively, ask your ward councillor or parish council to take up your complaint.

What information will we need?

We will need to know as much information as possible about the current and previous situation, including:

  • The exact location of the building or site
  • The approximate dimension of any new building works
  • When the activity started or when it occurs
  • The names and addresses of any owners, occupiers or companies involved

Your details will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed without your knowledge or consent.

What happens after I have made my complaint?

Each complaint is recorded and given a reference number. You will be sent an acknowledgement letter advising who is dealing with your case.

An initial site visit should be made in response to your complaint within 10 working days and you will be advised within 20 working days on what action we can take.

Please be aware that due to current staff shortages and high case numbers, the Council will need to prioritise enforcement cases which is likely to result in delays in the processing of cases. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you the Council is working hard to address the issue at the earliest possible opportunity and the case officers will provide updates as soon as possible.