Street cleansing services
Our teams clean approximately 900,000 metres of streets throughout the district at various frequencies, ranging from once a day to once a year.
As well as streets, we clean gullies, car parks, public conveniences and other public areas to remove litter, build up of leaves, and anything else that could pose a risk to public health and safety.
We do this by using both mechanical sweepers which cleanse the roads and footpaths, and by hand, sweeping those areas that need it.
There is also a quick response hit squad which deals with other cleansing problems on the highway, such as dumped rubbish and dog fouling.
We take a hard line if we see anyone littering, dumping rubbish or allowing their dogs to foul and issue fines to deter people from doing it again. Find out more.
Report a street cleansing issue
- Report a street cleansing/littering issue - including syringe and sharps removal, litter, broken glass, vomit, litter, excessive leaf and blossom fall from public land and roads the require sweeping (adopted highway and council owned land).
- Report fly tipping (dumped rubbish) on public highway and council owned land.
- Report a dead animal on the public highway or council owned land.
- Report a litter bin/dog bin issue - including overflowing or broken bins.
- Report graffiti
- Report an abandoned vehicle on the public highway or council owned land.
- Report a grounds maintenance issue - including overgrown verges, play area issues, flowerbed and hedge issues (on the public highway or council owned land).