We do not own any council housing. Instead we work with approved housing associations who provide social housing locally. We call these registered providers (also known as registered social landlords). If you are a social housing tenant, and you have a query about your home/tenancy, please contact your housing association direct.
If you are keen to find a housing association home, find out more below:
Back To Top
Register for a housing association home
Housing association properties in Lichfield District are let through an online lettings system called Homes Direct. Homes Direct allows you:
- to search online for available local properties
- to apply online for properties
- to have choice and information about housing options
- an easy way to change an application if your circumstances change
- an immediate banding decision without the need to provide verification documents until you're shortlisted for a property
Properties are advertised on a Wednesday until midnight on Sunday and applicants will need to search for these at www.homesdirect.org.uk. Our letting scheme policy explains how applications are banded. If you have any questions about Homes Direct call 0330 1234 034.
If you are worried about your housing options and need help and advice, visit our housing advice pages or contact our Housing Options Team on 01543 308703/308709.
Back To Top
Who can use the Homes Direct service?
Anyone who has been accepted onto the Homes Direct Housing Register can use their service. In order to do this you must apply using Homes Direct's website application form . Applicants must be over 16 years of age.
An accepted application will enable you to apply for housing association rented homes, homes for shared ownership and homes for sale.
Who cannot use the Homes Direct service?
You cannot use the Homes Direct service if you've not completed an application and only once you've had your application accepted onto the housing register.
There are also some people who will not by law be eligible to join the housing register. These are:
- People who are subject to Immigration Control under the 1996 Asylum and Immigration Act.
- People from abroad who are not subject to immigration control but who are not habitually resident in the UK, the Channel Islands, the Isle of Man or the Republic of Ireland.
- People (including members of their household) who have been guilty of unacceptable behaviour that makes them unsuitable to be a tenant.
- People that have refused two offers of accommodation will be suspended for 12 months.
- People who do not turn up to viewings without a good reason.
- People who do not respond to offers of accommodation.
For more detailed information contact Homes Direct on 0345 60 20 540.
Back To Top
Local housing associations
The following registered providers have properties in Lichfield District. These properties are let through an online lettings system called Homes Direct.
Back To Top
- Advance - offers supported housing for people with severe and enduring mental health issues.
- Bromford - owns and manages the majority of the district’s housing stock. They have a selection of social rent, affordable rent and shared ownership properties located across the district.
- Orbit - a housing association that rents homes to a wide variety of people with a range of needs.
- Housing 21 - provides sheltered housing for older people.
- Stonewater - was formed in January 2015 from the merger of Jephson and Raglan Housing Associations.
- Circle Housing - (formerly Mercian) is one of England’s largest housing associations.
- Midland Heart - is the district’s second largest stock holder.
- Optima - provides housing for older people.
- Riverside - is one of the leading registered providers of social housing in the UK.
- Sanctuary - is the district’s third largest stock holder.
- Metropolitan - mainly provides properties in the district for people with mental health problems.
- Trident - a social registered landlord.
- Waterloo Housing Group - a social registered landlord.
All the properties we previously owned are now owned and maintained by Bromford. Bromford has a selection of social rent, affordable rent and shared ownership properties across the district. To find out more information about Bromford visit Bromford's website. Bromford's properties are advertised and let through the Homes Direct online lettings system. Please visit the Homes Direct website to find out more and to register.