Council tax discounts and exemptions
Other property exemptions
Other properties that may be exempt from council tax include:
- a hall of residence provided predominantly for students.
- a dwelling either wholly occupied by students, school or college leavers or by certain spouses or dependants of students as term time accommodation.
- UK armed forces barracks, married quarters and accommodation for visiting forces.
- visiting forces accommodation.
- an unoccupied caravan pitch or boat mooring.
- a home occupied only by a person or persons aged under 18.
- a home only occupied by a severely mentally impaired person or persons.
- a home where at least one liable person is entitled to diplomatic privileges or immunities.
- granny annexes.
To apply for council tax exemption, please fill in our property exemption form. Send your completed form to:Revenues and benefits, Lichfield District Council, District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs WS13 6YX.
Please be aware we may visit your property as part of the application process.