Annual customer feedback report
Key facts about ombudsman enquiries
The ombudsman investigated two complaints about planning that had been through the council’s two-stage complaints procedure.
- The council does not see all complaints the ombudsman receives.
- The ombudsman received six complaints, including the two stage two complaints detailed above.
- Three were closed after initial enquiries, one was passed to the council for local resolution, and two were upheld in parts.
- The council issued two apologies. These included for planning notices not reaching neighbouring properties and a review of its third-party mailing arrangements.
- There were no complaints investigated and upheld during the previous year that had gone through the council’s complaints procedure.