Frequently asked FOIs

Register of HMOs in the district

Owners/managers of a house in multiple occupation (HMO) that is rented out to five or more people, who form two or more families, and who share facilities such as a bathroom, kitchen, sink or toilet, must have a valid HMO licence.

Licences cannot be transferred to another property, or to a different person. If circumstances change, owners/managers will need a new licence. 

We publish a register of houses in multiple occupation (HMOs) in the district. 

Download the register.