Report a change in your circumstances
If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you need to let us know if your circumstances change - the following are changes that you must report:
- You move home - fill in our update your address details form. (Please read our full privacy notice before you make your application).
- You or your partner start work or change jobs.
- Your rent changes.
- You or your partner have any changes in your income or capital.
- Anyone in your household has a change in income.
- You or your partner are paid overtime or you have variable earnings that are much higher or lower than the figure used in your claim.
- Someone moves into or moves out of your house.
- Your child benefit stops.
- If you start to receive universal credit or you have a change in your award.
- You or your partner’s employment support allowance, income support, jobseekers allowance, pension credit or universal credit stops.
- If you receive the savings credit element of pension credit and your savings go above £16,000.
How to report a change
To report a change in circumstances you will need to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- National insurance number
- Post code
- Claim reference
You will also need to upload scanned/photocopied/photo evidence of any changes to your claim - for example if your rent has changed we will need to see your new tenancy agreement or rent book.
Report a change now
To report a change in your circumstances - visit our online application portal and choose 'report a change of circumstances'
Please read our full privacy notice before you make your application.
Please note our system is not available between 2am and 2.15am (Monday - Thursdays) and 2am and 4am (early Saturday mornings) allow for daily maintenance to take place. Please do not attempt to use this service between these times or you may lose your data. Thank you.