Report a change in your circumstances
If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you need to let us know if your circumstances change - the following are changes that you must report:
- You move home - fill in our update your address details form (please read our full privacy notice before you make your application).
- You or your partner start work or change jobs.
- Your rent changes.
- You or your partner have any changes in your income or capital.
- Anyone in your household has a change in income.
- You or your partner are paid overtime or you have variable earnings that are much higher or lower than the figure used in your claim.
- Someone moves into or moves out of your house.
- Your child benefit stops.
- If you start to receive universal credit or you have a change in your award.
- You or your partner’s employment support allowance, income support, jobseekers allowance, pension credit or universal credit stops.
- If you receive the savings credit element of pension credit and your savings go above £16,000.
How to report a change
To report a change in circumstances you will need to provide the following information:
- Date of birth
- National insurance number
- Post code
- Claim reference
You will also need to upload scanned/photocopied/photo evidence of any changes to your claim - for example if your rent has changed we will need to see your new tenancy agreement or rent book.
Report a change now
To report a change in your circumstances - visit our online application portal and choose 'report a change of circumstances'
Please read our full privacy notice before you make your application.