Skip to content

Report a change in your circumstances

If you receive help with your rent through us (housing benefit) and/or help towards your council tax bill (local council tax support) you need to let us know if your circumstances change - the following are changes that you must report:

  • You move home -visit our online application portal and choose 'report a change of address' (please read our full privacy notice).
  • You or your partner start work or change jobs.
  • Your rent changes.
  • You or your partner have any changes in your income or capital.
  • Anyone in your household has a change in income.
  • You or your partner are paid overtime or you have variable earnings that are much higher or lower than the figure used in your claim.
  • Someone moves into or moves out of your house. 
  • Your child benefit stops.
  • If you start to receive universal credit or you have a change in your award.
  • You or your partner’s employment support allowance, income support, jobseekers allowance, pension credit or universal credit stops.
  • If you receive the savings credit element of pension credit and your savings go above £16,000.

How to report a change

To report a change in circumstances you will need to provide the following information:

  • Surname
  • Date of birth
  • National insurance number
  • Post code
  • Claim reference

You will also need to upload scanned/photocopied/photo evidence of any changes to your claim - for example if your rent has changed we will need to see your new tenancy agreement or rent book.

Report a change now

Please note: On Thursday 31 January between 6.30pm and 10pm, our application form is undergoing maintenance and any submissions during this time will not reach us. Please do not submit a form during this time.

To report a change in your circumstances - visit our online application portal and choose 'report a change of circumstances'

Please read our full privacy notice.

Services A - ZSee all services
Get in touch or visit...

Our location and travel details >>

Phone our contact centre: 01543 308 000
District Council House, Frog Lane, Lichfield, Staffs, WS13 6YY

If you need to contact a team direct, please visit our contacts page for team phone numbers and email addresses.

Opening times

Our main reception at Frog Lane in Lichfield is open Monday - Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm. Our phone lines close at 5pm.