Homelessness guidance and support

If you are behind with your rent or mortgage

You should speak to your landlord, or mortgage lender, as soon as you can to discuss making an arrangement to pay the money you owe.

You may also be eligible for council tax/housing benefit/Universal Credit. To find out more, visit our benefits section, or use our online benefits calculator. You can also ask for help from places such as a Citizen's Advice Bureau

If you have tried both of these and are still behind with your rent, or mortgage, and think you may lose your home find out about our homelessness service.