About priority need
Mental illness or impairment
If you are homeless, or threatened with homelessness in the next 8 weeks, you can make a homeless application online by visiting our Lichfield District Homes page and choosing the register as homeless or at threat of homelessness within 56 days button.
If you are already homeless then you may well be entitled to temporary accommodation if your illness or mental health issue is considered severe enough that you are judged to be vulnerable and in priority need. Visit the Shelter website to find out what this means.
In order to make that judgement we will make every effort to work with you and any other agencies that may be supporting you or advocating for you so we can fully understand how we can help you.
If you are currently in hospital as a result of your mental health and awaiting discharge, find out more for people awaiting discharge.
Support and Advocacy
- South Staffordshire urgent mental health helpline call 0808 196 3002 (covers Stafford, Stone, Rugeley, Cannock, South Staffs, Lichfield, Burton, Uttoxeter, Tamworth)
- Staffordshire Connects
- South Staffordshire Network for Mental Health
- Anxiety UK Providing support if you have been diagnosed with an anxiety condition - call 03444 775 774 (Monday to Friday, 9.30am to 10pm; Saturday to Sunday, 10am to 8pm).
- Bipolar UK A charity helping people living with bipolar disorder.
- Beat A charity helping people affected by eating disorders.
- CALM Campaign against living miserably - call 0800 58 58 58 (daily, 5pm to midnight).
- Mental Health Foundation Provides information and support for anyone with mental health problems or learning disabilities.