Event permissions and licences

Road closures

You may wish to close one or more streets temporarily for part or all of the day of the event. If you do, you will need to apply for a road/street closure at least six weeks ahead of your event. 

Find out more about applying for a road/street closure.

Sometimes before a road closure can be granted the event organiser must submit a traffic management plan, which demonstrates how any additional interference with normal traffic movements will be minimised. 

Rolling street closures (overnight or multiple days) should be made to Staffordshire County Council as the highways authority. 

Download more information from the county council.

Useful dowloads

Highways network management - events on or near the highway info pack