Do I need a licence?

Houses in multiple occupation (HMO)

If you are the owner/manager of an HMO that is rented out to five or more people, who form two or more families, and who share facilities such as a bathroom, kitchen, sink or toilet, you must get a licence.

Licences cannot be transferred to another property, or to a different person.

If circumstances change, you will need a new licence. Find out more.