Do I need a licence?

Gambling machines, betting and lotteries

If you want to run a betting office, race track, bingo club or adult gaming centre, you'll need a premises licence. We will not consider any applications for casinos in the district.

If you run a licensed premises (such as a bar or pub), a private member's club, or a family entertainment centre, and wish to have gaming machines or activity on your premises, you will need to apply to us for a permit.


If you want to run a small society lottery, and your principal office is based in Lichfield District, you do not need a licence/permit, but you do need to be registered with us.