Bin guide and instructions

Waste that can't go in bins

If you need to get rid of a bulky items, such as a sofa or fridge, why not find out if we can help?

We offer a bulky waste collection service (for beds, sofas and furniture etc) and a scrap metal collection (for dishwashers, fridges, freezers etc).

You can book the service up to a month in advance.

Book a bulky waste collection

Book a scrap metal collection

You'll need your credit or debit card handy.  Please remember to take a note of your collection day when you have booked it, as payment is non-refundable, so you need to remember to put your items out on time.

Alternatively you can take your items to a local household waste recycling centres, or tip, that are run by Staffordshire County Council. The centres have facilities to recycle low energy light bulbs, electrical appliances, fridges, freezers, scrap metal, car batteries, oil and more.

They also have facilities to dispose of other waste and items that can't go in any of your bins. Find out more about household recycling centres (or tips).